This recipe was kindly donated by my ever creative client Charlenne Carl.
Create this at Thanksgiving to delight your family.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Figs and Goat Cheese
- 4 small organic sweet potatoes washed
- 5 tablespoons Organic extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 12 green onions
- 1 red chile thinly sliced
- 6 ripe figs quartered
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and cut into long wedges.
- Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake 25 minutes.
- Mix the balsamic vinegar and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer until it thickens.
- Heat olive oil in another saucepan and sauce the green onions and chiles.
- Put the sweet potatoes in a serving dish with figs. Add the green onions and chiles. Pour the balsamic reduction over the vegetable dish and sprinkle with goat cheese before serving.