Ever want to throw together a delicious but elegant weight loss food?
1 organic tomato
Jar of pesto
- Slice the organic tomato. Arrange on a salad plate.
- Put a tablespoon of pesto on each tomato slice.
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.
What’s so healthy about this recipe?
- The primary ingredient in pesto is basil, one of the world’s healthiest foods. Basil is high in vitamin K, vitamin A, manganese, copper and vitamin C. Basil contains flavonoid phytochemicals called orientin and vicenin that help your body neutralize free radicals.
- Pesto also includes garlic, a natural antibiotic and anti fungal food that boosts your immune system and lowers arterial plaque.
- Who doesn’t love a tomato? High in vitamin A, vitamin C, biotin, molybdenum, vitamin K, copper, potassium and manganese.
- Balsamic vinegar helps stabilize your blood cholesterol levels. It reduces hardening of your arteries.
Help me lose weight?
- An important factor in eating to lose weight is variety.
- Give your taste buds rich flavors and find yourself more satisfied.
- Fresh foods fast. Throw this together in a hurry when you are super hungry rather than turning to cookies, crackers or junk food.