What’s so healthy about this recipe?
- The primary ingredient in pesto is basil, one of the world’s healthiest foods. Basil is high in vitamin K, vitamin A, manganese, copper and vitamin C. Basil contains flavonoid phytochemicals called orientin and vicenin that help your body neutralize free radicals.
- Pesto also includes garlic, a natural antibiotic and anti fungal food that boosts your immune system and lowers arterial plaque.
- Who doesn’t love a tomato? High in vitamin A, vitamin C, biotin, molybdenum, vitamin K, copper, potassium and manganese.
- Balsamic vinegar helps stabilize your blood cholesterol levels. It reduces hardening of your arteries.
How can this recipe help you lose weight?
- An important factor in eating to lose weight is variety.
- Give your taste buds rich flavors and find yourself more satisfied.
- Fresh foods fast. Throw this together in a hurry when you are super hungry rather than turning to cookies, crackers or junk food.
Pesto and Tomato Salad
- 1 organic tomato
- 1 jar pesto
- balsamic vinegar
- Slice the organic tomato. Arrange on a salad plate.
- Put a tablespoon of pesto on each tomato slice.
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!
- To set up an appointment for help with your nutrition to lose weight, overcome digestive difficulties, boost your immune system, learn about healing with natural foods or simply have more energy and feel better, email me at Catherine@unlimitedenergynow.com or call 678-612-8816.