What’s so healthy about this recipe:
- Gluten-free, soy-free.
- I recommend almond flour muffins to all my clients who are recovering from serious GI ailments (Crohn’s, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, parasitic infections). Many people are so sensitive that not only do they need to go gluten-free, they need to go grain free. Almond flour muffins and chicken broth are part of the first aid kit for severe GI upsets.
- Coconut is anti-viral, anti-bacterial and boosts your immune system.
- Sea salt is high in minerals.
- Eggs contain choline, which build your brain neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which helps with learning and memory.
- The healthiest honey is Manuka honey. Please use if you can find it. Honey also fights GI infections as well as low stomach acid and acid reflux and fights allergies. It is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and fights colds and flus.
- Cranberries strengthen your kidneys and they are also a good source of iodine.
- Berries are high in antioxidants, especially anthocyanin, a water-soluble antioxidant found in blue, violet and indigo-colored fruits and vegetables.
- These muffins are low-glycemic so they won’t upset your blood sugar.
Gluten Free Muffins
- 1 cup almond meal flour
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 stick organic butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup frozen organic mixed berries
- Mix almond meal flour, shredded coconut, baking powder and sea salt in a bowl.
- Melt butter. Mix melted butter, honey and eggs together, pour into dry ingredients.
- Stir in cranberries and frozen berries.
- Melt coconut oil in a pan and pour into the bottom of muffin pan. Coat the sides of the muffin cups with the coconut oil.
- Bake 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when pressed.
- To set up an appointment for help with your nutrition to lose weight, overcome digestive difficulties, boost your immune system, learn about healing with natural foods or simply have more energy and feel better, email me at Catherine@unlimitedenergynow.com or call 678-612-8816.