I invented this recipe one night when it was my turn to fix dinner. This recipe answers several pressing questions:
1. What to do with all the fresh parsley growing in my garden, other than juice it?
2. What to do with the two ends of a loaf of gluten-free bread, since you probably wouldn’t eat them anyway.
3. How to make a simple, easy, healthy dinner.
What is so healthy about this recipe?
1. Parsley is very high in vitamins K, C and A. It is a good source of folic acid. The volatile oils in parsley have been proven to inhibit tumors. It is a chemoprotective food and a rich source of antioxidants from its flavanoids, especially luteolin. Parsley has been shown to protect against heart disease, to heal arthritis, to boost your immune system, is anti-inflammatory and is very beneficial for strengthening your bones.
2. Celtic sea salt is high in minerals.
3. This is a gluten-free recipe, appropriate for anyone allergic or sensitive to wheat.
4. Grass fed organic beef has more nutrients for you than either chicken or turkey. It is high not only in protein but also Omega-3 fats and B3, selenium, zinc, phosporus and B12.
5. Lycopene in tomato paste has more nutrients than even fresh tomatoes. Lycopene is a carotenoid that has been proven helpful for bone and heart health.
Tip: When possible, I like to mix the meatloaf together ahead of time and let it sit in my refrigerator for about an hour before cooking to allow the flavors to blend together.
Comfort Food Meatloaf
- 1 pound organic hamburger
- 2 cups fresh parsley
- 1 medium organic onion
- 2 pieces gluten free bread you can use the end pieces of the loaf
- 15 ounce can of Muir Glen organic pizza sauce
- 1 organic egg
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Wash and loosely chop the fresh parsley and onion.
- Dice the two ends from a loaf of gluten-free bread into small cubes.
- Mix in a large bowl with 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt. Add the organic hamburger and mix together loosely.
- Then add 1 15-ounce can of organic Muir Glen pizza sauce and one egg.
- Place the mixture into a glass loaf pan.
- Bake one hour at 350 degrees.
- To set up an appointment for help with your nutrition to lose weight, overcome digestive difficulties, boost your immune system, learn about healing with natural foods or simply have more energy and feel better, email me at Catherine@unlimitedenergynow.com or call 678-612-8816