This past Christmas, I gave my 77-year-old mother a yoga bolster and two yoga blankets for Christmas.
“Not everyone can do these poses,” I joked with her. “These are kind of advanced!”
My mother was pleasantly surprised that not only can she actually do restorative yoga with her bolster but that she also really enjoys the process.
Now I would like to share with you a sequence you can practice whenever you would like.
Although all exercise has practically magical benefits, restorative yoga with a bolster is what you will want to turn to when your energy is too low to engage in anything particularly vigorous.
Over the next few days, I’ll be posting photos and blog articles so you will learn what to do and how to do it!
Here’s your sequence:
Restorative Yoga With Bolster Sequence
- Supported Backbend
- Supported Two-Leg Forward Fold
- Supported Child’s Pose, Forehead on Bolster
- Wide Leg Split
- Reclining Hero Pose
- Butterfly Over Bolsters
- Wide Leg Child’s Pose
- Reclining Twist
- Supported shoulderstand
- Legs against the wall pose
- Reduction in stress hormones
- Increased healing
- Reduce anxiety and depression
- Restore your energy
- Boost your immune system
- Increased wound healing
- Release muscle tension
- Release pent-up emotions
- Improve range of motion
- Quiet your mind
- Reduce aches and pains
- Easy form of meditation
- Open and balance your chakras
- Alleviate headaches and migraines
- Heal adrenal burnout
- Restorative yoga is a great place from which to practice pranayama, or yoga breathing exercises. You can learn how for FREE by watching the videos at this link.
What you need:
- At least one yoga bolster
- A yoga mat or a soft rug
- Yoga blankets to keep yourself warm and to use for additional height if necessary
- Comfortable clothes to wear
If you would like to learn more, call 678-612-8816 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment. I will organize the bolsters and blankets for you so your entire experience is totally luxurious and relaxing.
What is healing? Healing happens when you learn how to practice restorative yoga with a bolster!