You need a comprehensive approach to keep your shoulders healthy.
If you have been wanting a shoulder workout that doesn’t make you want to hit the snooze button, have fun with this sequence I put together based on body weight exercises, yoga and posture work.
- Open the range of motion in your shoulders
- Corrects kyphosis
- Improves your posture
- Strengthen your rotator cuff muscles
- Increase your upper body strength
- Develop your core
- Stimulate your lymph, immune and circulatory systems
- Practice your balance
- Focus your mind
- Relax deeply
Watch these 20-second Youtube videos and read an article to learn what to do:
- Shoulder circles lying down
- Strengthen your anterior serratus, the muscles that stabilize your shoulder joint
- Arm shaking to relax the muscles that cross the joints
- Standing shoulder circles
- Shoulder circles with yoga strap to release trigger points
- Dolphin pushups
- Forearm stand. Watch the video here. Read the article how to do this pose at this link.
- Lying over yoga eggs to restore your posture and rest
Build up to practicing each exercise for 1 minute on each of the first eight exercises.
Then lie over the yoga eggs 7 to 10 minutes and relax.
Several years ago, I ripped the tendons and ligaments in my right shoulder.
Although many people would have turned to a surgeon to solve the problem, I focused on corrective exercise.
At the time, it hurt for me to lift my purse or walk my dog.
I could not do a single pushup or down dog.
As you can see from these videos, I have completely healed my shoulder without surgery.
Your shoulders are the most complicated joints in your body with 13 ranges of motion.
Dumbbell exercises for your shoulders can be helpful but to heal your shoulders completely you will want to take a more comprehensive approach.
If the curve in your thoracic spine is greater than 35 degrees, you have a condition called kyphosis and are at risk for neck and shoulder pain.
Even if you have never injured your shoulder joint, to keep your shoulders healthy, you must focus not just on daily gym workouts for strength but also your posture and flexibility.
If you have injured your shoulders, please work carefully through the first five exercises before building up to dolphin, dolphin pushups and forearm stand.
To learn more about how you can heal your shoulders naturally, email me at email@example.com or call 678-612-8816.