There’s a simple reason that junk food gives you pain: Omega 6 fatty acids.
Common vegetable oil sources of Omega 6 fatty acids – soy oil, canola oil, vegetable oil, safflower oil, grape seed oil, sunflower oil – are often marketed as “heart healthy” or “no cholesterol.”
These are the fats you are most likely to consume if you find yourself at a fast food restaurant.
What is the trouble with that?
- Most North Americans and Europeans get far too much omega-6 and not enough omega-3 fatty acids.
- Experts estimate the average American consumes between 14 to 25 times more Omega 6 fatty acids compared to omega 3 fatty acids.
- Omega 6 fatty acids promote inflammation. The more inflamed you are, the more likely you are to experience pain anywhere in your body as well as unfortunate diseases such as cancer, heart disease, asthma, arthritis and other degenerative diseases of aging.
- Omega 3 fatty acids that you find in fish oils and oceanic algae are anti-inflammatory, thin your blood and reduce pain in your body and improve your brain functioning.
If you have a bad diet, you may hurt all over and feel constantly fatigued without understanding why.
Nearly all unsaturated fats obtain cancer-causing free radicals through cooking.
One of the few Omega 6 fatty acids that does not cause inflammation is GLA, often obtained through Primrose Oil, which is known to relieve the pain of menstrual cramps.
How can you remedy this situation?
- Make a point to stop eating fast food.
- Bring your lunch to work.
- Take a high quality fish oil supplement. Omega Plus from our Unlimited Energy Now shop is one of the best on the market and is completely free of heavy metals commonly found in cheap fish oils.
- Include hemp seeds and chia seeds in your diet. These are high in Omega 3 fatty acids and have an anti-inflammatory and anti-clotting effect. (Be aware that hemp and chia seeds are poorly converted into DHA, the main fat your brain needs. Only 0.5 percent is converted into DHA, so virtually everyone needs to take a high quality fish oil supplement.)
- Only use coconut oil for high-heat cooking at home. Coconut oil does not pick up free radicals through high heat cooking.
- If you notice that you are in constant pain, use our best-selling anti-inflammatory protein shake, Biodetox, as part of your healing process.
- Include wild caught Alaskan salmon and walnuts as healthy natural sources of Omega 3 fatty acids.
All your cell walls are made from fatty acids, so your health at the cellular level is determined by the quality of fats you consume.
When you eat a predominance of Omega 6 fatty acids from junk foods, experts believe that your cell walls become less healthy, making it harder for insulin to work and setting you up for Type 2 diabetes.
What’s the payoff?
- Give yourself an oil change and notice your pain levels drop dramatically.
- Get off over-the-counter or prescription drugs, which are highly addictive and cause multiple side effects.
- Notice how you lose weight naturally.
- Observe how your cravings disappear and your blood sugar normalizes.
Junk food = pain.
Give yourself permission to ditch the bad fats and discover how much more energy you enjoy!