One of the best ways to keep your energy level up during the day is to practice qi gong.
By taking even 7 minutes to take a qi gong break, you can maintain excellent personal chi and get more down in your life with less stress.
Here’s how you practice Whirl on Both Sides in Fixed Stance, Qi Gong Exercise 5, which you can watch at this link:
- Stand with your feet wide apart as if you were straddling a horse. This is called horse ride stance.
- Bend your knees and relax.
- Inhale as you lower your left arm to a horizontal position behind you with palm side up.
- Meanwhile move your right arm forward with the elbow bent and palm turned up.
- Exhale as you push your right palm forward past your right ear while withdrawing your left hand so that your two hands almost brush past one another.
- Breathe deeply.
- Relax your whole body.
- Continue whirling slowly. Remember, the slower you go the faster chi flows.
- Take your time to feel the chi!
I recommend this exercise for clients who are experiencing:
- Adrenal burnout
- Chronic fatigue
- Heart disease
- Degenerative diseases of aging
- Shoulder pain
- Wrist pain
- Hip pain
- Back pain
- High blood pressure
- Anxiety and depression
To join our weekly qi gong class or for private instruction in qi gong in Atlanta, please call 678-612-8816 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our qi gong class meets every Wednesday at 4:30. Weather permitting, we practice outdoors in my garden around a blue jar fountain with my flowers. Class is $15 and suitable for individuals of all ages and fitness levels.
If you have been wanting to start an exercise program but feel tremendously out of shape, qi gong would be your first logical step. You will improve your balance, increase your aerobic capacity, build strength and increase your range of motion while relaxing your mind and body.
To watch more qi gong videos, please visit my FREE qi gong exercise library at this link.