You can keep your energy strong through the coming winter by doing what you can do right now to boost your immune system.
Don’t wait until everyone you know has a cold or flu – start building yourself up right now.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), the lung and large intestine acupuncture meridians are most active in the fall.
Our lungs not only draw oxygen into the body, they also boost our Wei Chi – the energy of our immune system.
Many people are shocked to learn that the mucosal barrier in your large intestine is the first line of defense in your immune system.
With the Centers for Disease control investigating Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68), a respiratory virus that has caused limb weakness and even paralysis and death, and worldwide concern about the Ebola virus, you can contribute to the total welfare of the planet by keeping your own immune system as strong as possible.
Here are a few things you can do right now to improve your immunity:
- Take 4 tablespoons of Immunomax daily. You can find Immunomax in our webstore at this link. Immunomax repairs your intestinal lining and empowers you to overcome food sensitivities that suppress your immunity. Please remember that your immune system begins in your gut.
- Make an appointment with me to have your food sensitivities tested through kinesiology. You are biochemically unique. Some foods may boost your immunity while others deplete it.
- Juice several days a week to build up your antioxidant levels. The higher your antioxidant levels, the more quickly you will bounce back from exposure to any cold or flu. If you sign up for our FREE newsletter, you will receive a FREE list of juices for healing that helps you identify which juices will build your personal health. You can sign up for our FREE newsletter here.
- Make homemade vegetable soup using chicken broth as a base. Chicken broth rebuilds your immune system and heals your gut.
- Consider taking ginseng, a traditional TCM remedy that boosts your energy, lungs and immunity.
- Include orange fruits and vegetables which contain phytochemicals that boost your lungs. Beta carotene boosts lung function, found in highest amounts in goji berries and also in carrots, pumpkin and acorn squash. The orange herb turmeric reduces inflammation, which stresses your large intestine. Simply put, orange foods boost your breathing.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Take a high quality Vitamin D supplement daily. I recommend Total Vitamin D, which you can order at this link.
- Exercise moderately every day to move your lymph, as your lymph system is part of your immune system. You can find out about our yoga and qi gong classes at this link.
- Use coconut oil for all high heat cooking. Coconut oil dissolves the lipid layer around viruses and bad bacteria. You can also make a delicious raw food key lime pie using coconut oil.
- Avoid using antibiotics. If you are getting sick, make an appointment with me to find out how you can get well naturally. Remember that even Johns Hopkins Medical school says: “Antibiotics cannot kill viruses or help you feel better when you have a virus. “
- Take a high quality probiotic, such as Multiprobiotic, on a daily basis. You can order at this link.
- Eat asparagus several times a week. Asparagus is the No. 1 food source of glutathione, a phytochemical that boosts detoxification in your liver.
- Include grapefruit, which contains D-Glucarate, a phytochemical that boosts your immune system.
- Eat cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower, high in Indole-3-Carbinol (I3C), which reverses cancer and improves your estrogen metabolism. Many autoimmune diseases such as lupus favor high estrogen environments.
- Eat foods high in zinc, a mineral that boosts your immune system. The No. 1 food source of zinc is oysters. You can also find high amounts in pumpkin seeds.
- Include Shitake mushrooms in your diet. Mushrooms contain beta glucan, a phytochemical that signals your bone marrow to produce more immune cells.
- Eat raspberries. Raspberries are the No. 1 food source for ellagic acid, a phytochemicals that cause cancer cells to commit apoptosis, or cell suicide.
- Eat 1 Brazil nut daily to boost your selenium. This trace mineral helps to prevent cancer.
- Reduce or eliminate sugar and alcohol, which suppress your immune system.
- Energetically, your immune system corresponds with your heart chakra. Keep your heart energy open and balanced.
- Practice cobra, fish, wheel and camel – yoga poses that open your heart chakra.
- Practice breathing exercises. You can follow a fabulous breathing routine on my blog, breathing exercises for stress.
- Join our qi gong class to build your energy field, which improves your wei chi – the energy of your immune system.
- Meditate to lower the stress hormones adrenalin and cortisol, which suppress your immune system.
- Make an appointment with me to receive Reiki and energy healing to rebuild your personal chi.
- If you feel a cold or flu coming up, get more rest as your body heals through resting.
- Emergency emotions such as shame, guilt, apathy, grief, fear, craving, anger and pride cause your body to release the stress hormones adrenalin and cortisol. Set your intention to keep yourself emotionally balanced.
- On an emotional level, your lungs have to do with self worth. Practice remembering your special gifts by writing down 20 personal qualities you have and rereading your list twice daily.
- Your large intestine has to do with letting go of all you no longer need to make the space for beneficial change. Set your intention to let go of all that no longer serves you.
- Just as we have a spring cleaning, the fall is another great time to clear the energy of your home and workplace by giving your useless clutter to charity.
- The emotions of grief, sadness and depression suppress your lungs and large intestine. If you are feeling down, make an appointment with me to find out how you can heal depression naturally.
- Your mind governs your stress response. Notice when you are becoming stressed and always look for your best possible thought!
- Affirm: NOTHING COMES IN AND NOTHING GOES OUT EXCEPT UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.
- Affirm: I AM STRONG AND HEALTHY.
- Affirm: I AM HUMBLE BEFORE THE BEAUTY AND WONDER OF THE UNIVERSE.
- Affirm: I JOYFULLY RELEASE ALL I NO LONGER NEED TO MAKE THE SPACE FOR BENEFICIAL CHANGE.
- On a mental level, viruses are about the need for you to change your consciousness about something. If you do contract a virus, ask what major change of attitude is required.
- Strengthen your aura by taking walks in the fresh air and sunshine.
- Forgive everyone for every event where you have seen yourself as a victim. Nothing suppresses your immunity quite like holding grudges, bitterness and resentment.
- Rest at least one day a week.
- Laugh a lot, as recognizing the humor in life boosts your immune system.
During a medical intuitive reading, one of the first aspects I usually read is your immune system.
What is healing? Healing happens when you keep your immune system strong and healthy. You need not fall prey to colds, flus or viruses even if other people around you are becoming sick.