Traction twist is an essential yoga pose for low back pain relief.
Many people suffer from lock back pain for a variety of reasons:
- Your sacroiliac joint may be locked on one or both sides, aka sacroiliac joint dysfunction
- Your lumbar curve may be less than 30 degrees, leading to compression of your lower spine, pinching the nerves
- You may be sitting, standing or sleeping with improper posture
- Disc herniations
- Spondylolisthesis, which happens when one or more vertebrae slips over the next one, often pushing onto the spinal cord
- Spinal stenosis, a narrowing of the spinal canal
- Pulled muscles or ligaments
- Degenerating discs
- Facet joint dysfunction
The pain from many of these uncomfortable conditions may be alleviated by practicing traction twist as part of a carefully designed therapeutic yoga program.
Here’s how to do this natural healing remedy for low back pain.
- Sit on a yoga mat with your knees bent and your feet as wide as your mat.
- Flex your feet.
- Drop both knees to your left.
- Get your right knee in line with your nose.
- Now lie back on the floor.
- Press your right knee towards the ground as you pull your belly button back towards your spine.
- Hold 1 minute, then repeat on the other side.
- Relieves back and hip pain.
- Opens your sacroiliac joint at the base of your spine.
- Relaxes your spine.
- Improves your posture.
- Be sure to breathe deeply and relax!
Traction twist is just one of 41 exercises I illustrate and describe in my Amazon number one best-selling book The Difference Between Pain and Suffering.
The Difference Between Pain and Suffering is a complete handbook for hope and healing for pain relief without drugs.
Written by medical intuitive healer Catherine Carrigan, this book outlines tips you can follow to restore your health naturally. Drug overdose is now the No. 1 cause of death for Americans under the age of 50.
Learn how to feel good without opioids or over-the-counter medication.
Your Physical Body: Learn how to heal pain through nutrition, yoga, posture exercise, restorative movement, juices and smoothies and food healing.
Your Energy Body: Take advantage of the hidden secrets of your chakras, energy healing, Reiki, balancing your acupuncture meridians and breathing exercises.
Your Emotional Body: Release the emotional stress behind your suffering, overcome your broken heart, understand the messages from your body and let go of the payoffs for chronic pain.
Your Mental Body: Change your story to think like a rich and healthy person.
Your Spiritual Body: Raise your vibration past pain and suffering and learn how to comfort others when all you have to give is love. This book includes an appendix with 41 therapeutic yoga exercises, charts and directions on how to balance your own acupuncture meridians and recipes for radiant health.
If you want to understand what’s going on with your back, suffering from pain and want to feel better, make an appointment today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 678-612-8816 to find out how you can heal yourself naturally.
I work with clients all over the world and can explain to you what’s happening and what you can do to make yourself feel better.
Currently, at age 62 I still teach seven yoga classes a week (four online classes via Zoom and three at a private club in Atlanta and have 26 years years of experience teaching yoga.
On Thursdays I teach a therapeutic yoga class from 11 a.m. EST to 12:30 p.m. EST for $20 per person. Please email me to discuss your condition and you and I can decide whether you are a good candidate for the class or whether you need private lessons.
You can learn more about yoga by watching instructional videos on my Yoga with Catherine Carrigan playlist on Youtube at this link.
To view a routine I have created for scoliosis clients, watch the Scoliosis Back Care Routine playlist on Youtube at this link.