The two most important dietary steps you can take to improve your immunity are:
- Eat at least 40 grams of protein before lunch.
- Eat a minimum of 20,000 ORACs – Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity, a measure of antioxidants – by eating a minimum of to 7 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
When I do initial assessments with new clients, one of the things that becomes glaringly obvious is the relationship between your immune system, your digestion and your brain chemistry.
Many years ago, I studied with the fantastic Charles Poliquin, Olympic strength coach.
Charles taught me that everybody needs at least 40 grams of protein every day before lunch to rebuild your immune system.
If you aren’t rebuilding your immune system, you also aren’t taking in enough protein to rebuild your brain chemistry, as all your neurotransmitters are made from amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
Further, if I look at your body in a medical intuitive reading and discover your digestion is in any way compromised, you may not be absorbing your amino acids or breaking down your protein properly, thereby setting yourself up for immune suppression and brain chemistry deficiency.
Translation, sick, tired and depressed!
Studies show that even a 25 percent reduction in adequate protein intake can cause your immune system to be significantly compromised. Simply put, if you don’t get enough protein, your body can’t make antibodies.
How can you get enough protein before lunch?
- Avoid wimpy breakfasts. I see men and women all the time who are trying to maintain their figure by eating just one egg for breakfast.
- One egg=7 grams of protein.
- On average, there’s about 7 grams of protein in 1 ounce of meat.
If you do the math, you can understand why many body builders resort to protein supplements. The top protein supplements I sell on my webstore include:
- Biodetox, a hypoallergenic protein shake that has 28 grams of protein in a two-scoop serving.
- Healthy Whey, made from free-range cows in New Zealand, has 16 grams of protein in a two-scoop serving.
- Immunomax, which has about 5,000 mg of immunoglobulin concentrates per serving to rebuild your immune system.
If you are a vegan or vegetarian, you may be eating adequate fruits and vegetables but not getting enough protein to support your immune system. Set up an appointment with me to find out how you can get enough protein to maintain your health.
The more antioxidants you include in your diet, the more likely you are to avoid illness and to age extremely well.
You can think of antioxidants like the repairmen of the body.
Recently, on a visit to the holistic dentist, I had my antioxidant levels tested. The doctor said that my antioxidant levels were over 50,000 for the previous two months – a testimony to my regular juices and smoothies loaded with fruits and vegetables. Just yesterday my juice included kale, cauliflower, carrots, apples and green antioxidant powder.
You can learn more about ORACs and antioxidants in your foods at this link.
Because I like to make life simple for everybody, just follow the conventional wisdom of choosing at least 5 to 7 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
And if you do the math on that, you would want to include fruits and vegetables at literally every meal of the day!
That’s one of the reason I am such a fanatic about juices and smoothie making. You can download a FREE list of juices for healing at this link.
What is healing? Healing happens when you make the connection that you build your immune system by what you choose to put in your mouth.