Recipe by Lee Townsend
Get PDF for Recipe
- 2 cups gluten-free bread toasted
- ¾ cup grated provolone cheese
- 1 large egg beaten
- ¼ cup parsley
- ¼ cup basil
- ¼ cup green onions
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 18 large button mushrooms
Make bread crumbs by lightly toasting and then crumbling the gluten-free bread. Mix all
ingredients together except for the mushrooms.
Remove the stems of the mushrooms. Stuff mushrooms with mixture. Drizzle olive oil
over mushrooms. Sprinkle ¼ cup provolone cheese on top of mushrooms. Cook at 400
degrees for 15 minutes.
What’s special about this recipe?
1. This is a great gluten-free appetizer you can make for your holiday entertaining.
2. Phytonutrients found in cancer have been the subject of anti-cancer research.
3. Mushrooms are high in vitamins B2, B5 and B3 as well as selenium and copper and zinc.
4. Mushrooms may help prevent breast cancer by preventing circulating levels of estrogen from becoming excessive. 5. Mushrooms contain a powerful antioxidant, l-ergothioneine.