Get PDF for Recipe
- 3 whole organic free range chicken breasts, boned and skinned
- 4 medium organic carrots, cut into 1 in. slices
- 3 medium organic zucchini cut into 1 in. slices
- 1 large organic red bell pepper cut into 1 in. slices
- 2 tsp. dried tarragon leaves crushed
- 2 tsp. sea salt
Combine 1 tsp. of the tarragon and 1 tsp. of the salt and sprinkle it over cleaned and dried chicken.
Pour 1 cup of water in a 12 in. skillet, place a 10 in. rack in the skillet and put chicken on the rack.
Bring water to a boil, turn down heat and steam chicken for 20-25 min.
Layer carrots on top of chicken and steam for another 8 min. Layer the bell pepper and zucchini on next, sprinkle the other tsp. of tarragon and salt over the top and steam for another 5 min.
Serve this colorful dish right away so as not to over cook the vegetables.
What’s healthy about this recipe:
Lightly steamed vegetables provide the body with vitamins, minerals and enzymes. The carrots and red bell pepper also deliver beta carotene to fight free radicals. Organic chicken provides a healthy protein and the tarragon promotes bile production to aid digestion. Tarragon also calms nerves and aids with sleep. This is a good meal to have for dinner.