Get PDF for Recipe
- 4 cups steamed organic pumpkin
- 6 cups organic vegetable stock
- 2 cups organic or raw heavy cream
- 1 cup organic onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup organic celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup leeks, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Mash pumpkin and keep warm. In a large soup pot, sauté the onion, leeks and celery in coconut oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Add vegetable stock, mashed pumpkin, and spices.
Simmer for 15 minutes. Turn the heat off and add the heavy cream. Serve warm and enjoy.
What’s healthy about this recipe:
Pumpkin is loaded with beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant. It is also rich in potassium, a vital electrolyte. The spices aid with digestion and are healing to the immune system.