One of the great things about having taught yoga for 19 years and practicing yoga for 21 years is the gradual accumulation of all the toys, props and gadgets to make the experience especially enjoyable.
I am going to teach you how to practice reclining butterfly over a yoga bolster.
If you only have one yoga bolster, you can totally manage, but if you have the privilege like I do of having even more bolsters, the more the merrier.
What’s so great about this pose:
- Deep relaxation
- Restore your energy
- Recover from adrenal burnout
- Relieve stress, anxiety, depression and muscle tension
- Open your inner groins
- Relax your abdominal muscles
- Open your lungs so that you can breathe more easily
- Relieve migraines and headaches
- Recover from PMS and abdominal cramps
- Stimulate your kidneys, bladder, ovaries, prostate and uterus
- Balances menopausal symptoms
- Relaxes your spine
Here’s how to practice this delicious pose:
- Place a yoga bolster on a yoga mat or soft, cushy carpet.
- Sit in front of the yoga bolster with your buttocks touching the back of the bolster.
- Gently lie back on the bolster. If you need extra support underneath your lower back, sit up and place a yoga blanket there for extra support for your lumbar curve.
- Roll your palms up to the ceiling so that your chest muscles roll open.
- Now bring the soles of your feet together and pull your heels towards your buttocks.
- If you have extra yoga bolsters, place them under your knees so that your inner thighs can totally relax. If you look at the photograph of me practicing this pose, I have the extra bolsters parallel to the outside of my yoga mat.
- If you don’t have extra yoga bolsters, you can prop up your knees with blankets.
- Another alternative is to use a yoga belt. Make a big loop with a yoga strap. Place the yoga belt around your lower back at the level of your hip bones. Bring the other side of the loop around your feet and tighten the strap so that your entire lower back and inner thighs are completely supported.
- Relax and practice your yoga breathing. If you would like to learn how, watch these FREE videos on my website.
Whether you use extra bolsters, extra blankets or the yoga strap, make sure your knees are supported.
When you are totally supported, your nervous system can unwind and you can release your stress completely!
If you would like to learn more, call 678-612-8816 or email email@example.com to set up an appointment. I will organize the bolsters and blankets for you so your entire experience is totally luxurious and relaxing.
To join our regular yoga classes or set up an appointment for private instruction, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-612-8816. I’ve now taught yoga for 25 years.
Yoga classes meet every Tuesday and Thursday evening, 7:30 to 9 p.m. and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.