What’s so healthy about this recipe:
- Gluten-free, soy-free.
- I recommend almond flour muffins to all my clients who are recovering from serious GI ailments (Crohn’s, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, parasitic infections). Many people are so sensitive that not only do they need to go gluten-free, they need to go grain free. Almond flour muffins and chicken broth are part of the first aid kit for severe GI upsets.
- Coconut is anti-viral, anti-bacterial and boosts your immune system.
- Sea salt is high in minerals.
- Eggs contain choline, which build your brain neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which helps with learning and memory.
- The healthiest honey is Manuka honey. Please use if you can find it. Honey also fights GI infections as well as low stomach acid and acid reflux and fights allergies. It is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and fights colds and flus.
- Cranberries strengthen your kidneys and they are also a good source of iodine.
- Berries are high in antioxidants, especially anthocyanin, a water-soluble antioxidant found in blue, violet and indigo-colored fruits and vegetables.
- These muffins are low-glycemic so they won’t upset your blood sugar.