There are times in life when you simply need more energy to get through the day.
Up at night taking care of a baby.
During a long day at work.
Driving through rush hour traffic.
When you are so exhausted you can hardly keep your eyes open but life must still go on.
I’m sure you can think of other times and places where just a just a little more oomph can make all the difference between merely getting by and you performing at your very best.
The word prana means energy.
The more you have, the better version of you shows up.
Prana has everything to do with your health because when your vitality falls off you are more susceptible to viruses, bacteria and all manner of illness.
Many people equate good chi with youthfulness, and it is true that when you sparkle with life you feel young no matter your age but the truth is that great prana has nothing to do with your chronological age and everything to do with how well you take care of your body, how well you breathe, how you manage your emotions, how positively you think and how deep your spiritual connection to all of life.
Having good chi is like having a fat bank account.
You can respond to whatever life throws at you so long as you maintain good prana.
There’s no shortage of energy in the universe – you just have to learn how to do a better job of channeling beneficial energy to nurture yourself on all levels.
We use up energy every day but the real question becomes how good of a job we do restoring ourselves on all levels.
Use this mudra whenever you need to increase your life energy.
Here’s how to activate Prana Mudra:
- Bring your thumbs of each hand together with your ring fingers and little fingers of each hand.
- Extend your index and middle fingers.
- Turn the palms up in a receptive position.
- Visualize yourself receiving beneficial energy from the universe.
- Feel the prana coming into the palms of your hands and nourishing every cell of your body.
- Sit quietly while breathing and meditating.
One reason this mudra works so well is that you take the time to become receptive not only to energy but to the wisdom, support and guidance of the universe.
It’s important to remember to be yin to become yang.
If you study the yin yang symbol, you will notice that the black yin becomes the white yang and vice versa.
If you are constantly active, your body becomes exhausted and you end up flat on your back.
By finding stilling your mind with breath work and practicing prana mudra, notice how you naturally restore your energy.
I OPENLY AND WILLINGLY RECEIVE FROM THE UNIVERSE.
I RECEIVE ALL THE BLESSINGS OF MY LIFE.
THANK YOU GOD FOR BLESSING ME WITH HEALTH, HAPPINESS AND VITALITY.
I AM A RECEPTIVE CHANNEL FOR ALL LIFE’S GOODNESS.
AS I RECEIVE I AM ABLE TO GIVE AT HIGHER AND HIGHER LEVELS.
GOD HAS BLESSED ME AND I NOW GIVE THANKS FOR ALL I RECEIVE.
Want to learn more about how you can increase your energy?
Read my Amazon Number 1 bestselling book Unlimited Energy Now.
This book explains how to rebuild your chi on every level – physically, energetically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
Or take my interactive online course Unlimited Energy Now!
I have developed a course that will help you reclaim your natural energy so that you can have a leg up on the average person walking around. Abundant energy is so powerful and really gives you the connection to the universal source that you need to live a life fulfilled!
You can also set up an appointment to work with me one on one to identify what’s draining your health and vitality and receive healing work to restore you on all levels.
Call 678-612-8816 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
You can also increase your energy naturally by joining my yoga and qi gong classes.
To join Catherine Carrigan’s ongoing yoga classes, follow the directions at this link. We meet Tuesday evenings from 7:30 to 9 p.m., Thursday mornings from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and Thursday evenings 7:30 to 9 p.m.
Qi gong class meets every Wednesday at 4:30 p.m.
Private lessons meet by appointment Monday through Friday.
Photo courtesy of Diane Fulmer of Savannah, Georgia.
Thank you for detailed article. Request you share your thoughts on the following:
1. it is suggested that mudra should be done at least 15 minutes and can be done 3 times a day i.e. 45 minutes. What is the reason for 15 minutes and 45 minutes?
2. to get maximum benefit, do we need to perform mudras early in the morning before taking any food i.e. empty stomach if yes how it will be more effective?
3. Do you suggest any mudra to get rid of vitamin b12 deficiency and auto immune diseases?
4. Typically mudras should be performed by two hands. What if i do mudra by only 1 hand instead of 2 hands?
5. There are few mudras in which left and right hand mudras to be performed are different. like back pain mudra: left hand vayu mudra and right hand : thmub is connected to middle and little finger. OR Pushan Mudra
What is the significance of performing 2 different mudras to resolve problem?
Hi Nitin, Thank you so much for your very thoughtful questions.
1. I have not suggested holding mudras for any specific period of time. I think that the amount of time each person needs to hold a mudra, practice practice pranayama or mantras would be unique to you.
2. I do not believe that mudras need to be practiced on an empty stomach but can be performed at any time of day.
3. I do not know of any mudra that gets rid of Vitamin B12 deficiency. However, if you practice Linga mudra it will boost your immune function.
4. Very good question about one hand versus two hands. The reason I would recommend two hands is so that you access both the right and left hemisphere of your brain.
5. I generally recommend performing one mudra at a time with both hands for maximum benefit.
Thank you so much for reading my blog! Love and light, Catherine Carrigan
Respected madam i am doing gyan mudra at the time of sleep in bed at about 10 pm night with my thumb and index finger covered gently with gum tape or cotton thread so that fingers do not slip and sleep for 2 to 3 hours; wake up for nature call, then i use gum tape or tie thread to thumb little and ring finger nd go to sleep upto morning 6 am; kindly evaluate and advice me; i am 69 plus male from bangalore india suffering from p t s d–post traumatic stress disorders, uncontrolled diabeticdiabetic,hypertension o k; when wife is out of sight i will be o k; otherwise panic sensations regards nrsn
Hello Nrsn, Thank you so much for reading my blog. I work with clients all over the world with many complex conditions. If you would like to make an appointment, please contact me through WhatsApp at 678-612-8816 in the US or send me an email at email@example.com. I can work with you by phone, Skype or Zoom.us video conference. You can learn more about how to use breathing exercises, hand mudras and affirmations to heal your mind and body by reading my ninth book, The Little Book of Breathwork, which is available in paperback, ebook and audiobook: https://www.amazon.com/Little-Book-Breathwork-Catherine-Carrigan/dp/0989450643/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=The+Little+Book+of+Breathwork&qid=1574606616&sr=8-1
Hope this helps! Love and light, Catherine Carrigan