Recipe by Nina Lynn
Get PDF for Recipe
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 tsp. organic rice or apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup thinly sliced organic leeks
- 6 cloves organic garlic, sliced
- 4 cups chopped organic kale
- 4 tbs. organic chicken broth
- 2 tbs. organic lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Bring water and vinegar to a boil. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon broth in a separate skillet and sauté the leeks for 3 minutes over med. heat. Add garlic slices and continue to sauté for another minute. Add kale broth and lemon juice and simmer covered for another 10 minutes on medium low heat. Poach eggs to desired doneness, and serve on top of greens.
This recipe is high in vitamins K, C, and A, and provides a healthy choice for breakfast while adding vegetables to your day.