Those of us who grew up in the South came to love fried chicken. However, fried chicken as it is commonly cooked is extremely unhealthy. Here is an alternative that I like even better!
1/2 pound organic chicken breasts sliced into chicken tenders
1/4 cup pecans, chopped fine
3 tablespoons 3 Beer BBQ Rub
Celtic sea salt
- If you have chicken breasts, slice them lengthwise into chicken tenders.
- Beat the egg in a bowl.
- Chop the pecans into a fine meal and mix in a second bowl with 3 Beer BBQ Rub.
- Cover each chicken tender with the beaten egg and then cover with the pecan meal mixture.
- In a heated pan, melt coconut oil.
- Cook the pecan crusted chicken tenders in coconut oil until thoroughly cooked. Sprinkled with celtic sea salt to taste.
What’s so healthy about this recipe:
1. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and free of hydrogenated fats typically found in fried chicken.
2. This is a healthy alternative to fried chicken that so many of us in the South grew up on.
3.Organic chicken breasts are free of antibiotics and hormones. They are high in protein, vitamin B3, B5, B6 and B12, selenium, phosphorus and choline.
4. Pecans are full of fiber, manganese, copper, thiamine, magnesium, iron, protein, essential fatty acids, lutein, zeaxanthin and carotene. By coating with pecans rather than white flour and/or buttermilk, this is a gluten-free, dairy-free recipe.
5. Coconut oil is the only oil that will withstand high heat cooking. When most Southern foods are fried, they are cooked in hydrogenated oils that clog your arteries, raise your cholesterol and damage your immune system. Coconut oil is anti fungal, anti viral and boosts your immune system.
6. When you are wanting to lose weight, choose healthier alternatives such as this healthy Southern fried chicken.