Recipe by Catherine Carrigan
This is a different and fun way to enjoy your protein shake and a delicious way to make sure you get enough protein at breakfast.
Get PDF for Recipe
- 1 peach, sliced and diced
- 4-8 ounces goat yogurt
- 4 scoops Healthy Whey
- Stevia to taste
- ½ cup frozen mango
Slice and dice the peach and put it in a bowl or large cup.
Meanwhile, put the goat yogurt, Healthy Whey, stevia and frozen mango in a blender. Mix to the consistency of cream. Pour over the chopped peaches.
What’s healthy about this recipe:
- Goat yogurt is a great variation for those of us who like yogurt but who don’t want to overdo cow’s milk products.
- Healthy Whey is organic whey protein from free-range cows in New Zealand. It it loaded with amino acids that help you build muscle and support the anabolic processes in your body. Don’t make the mistake of using cheap, chemical-laden protein powders instead. Remember, you hold toxins in your fat cells so you want to choose the cleanest diet you can.
- Stevia is non-toxic and nutrient-rich, containing substantial amounts of calcium, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, zinc, Vitamins A and C and over 100 phytonutrients. Stevia has been used to reduce cravings for alcohol and tobacco, to normalize blood sugar levels, and to regulate blood pressure. According to research conducted at The Hiroshima University School of Dentistry and the Purdue University Dental Research Group, Stevia retards the formation of plaque and suppresses the growth of cavities.
- Mangoes contain phenols, this phenolic compound have powerful antioxidant and anticancer abilities. Mango is high in iron, pregnant women and people with anemia are advised to eat this fruit regularly. Mango is effective in relieving clogged pores of the skin. It is also valuable to combat acidity and poor digestion. Mango is high in antioxidant and low in carbohydrates. Mango is a rich source of vitamin A(beta-carotene), E and Selenium which help to protect against heart disease and other ailments.
- Being from Georgia, how can we not love peaches? Peaches are low in calories, and are a good source of healthy carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are known to be a vital source of energy to the body. They are very important nutrients. Therefore, peaches contribute to a well-balanced diet. Peaches also contain phytonutrients, antioxidants, carotenoids and flavonoids.