One of the simplest ways to increase your personal energy is by taking a few minutes throughout the day to practice qi gong exercise.
When you practice qi gong, you gather life energy into your three dantians.
What is a dantian?
What are the three dantians?
- Lower dantian, about three finger widths below your navel, is where you gather jing, or your kidney essence.
- Middle dantian, around your heart, is where you gather your qi, or vitality.
- Lower dantian, around your third eye in your forehead, is where you gather your shen, or spiritual energy.
When your three treasures are balanced, you experience excellent health and longevity.
Open Chest Wide, Qi gong exercise 2, primarily focuses on your middle dantian around your heart.
In Chinese medicine, your heart is referred to as the emperor of your body. It circulates not only your blood but also your qi. When your heart is happy, the rest of your organs will be happy also.
Here’s how you perform this exercise:
- Stand comfortably with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- Inhale and lift both arms up with your hands and wrists relaxed, palms facing down.
- Continue inhaling and when your arms get to your chest, open wide, gathering chi and slowly rising up to balance on the tips of your toes.
- Now begin to exhale as you bring your arms together at your heart.
- Continue exhaling and lower your arms and bend your knees, pressing your palms down.
- Repeat the exercise as you visualize yourself literally gathering life energy into your heart energy.
I recommend this exercise for anyone suffering from heart disease, lung disease, adrenal burnout, anxiety or depression.
As you practice, you will find yourself feeling calm and energized at the same time.
You can join my weekly qi gong class in Atlanta on Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m. Weather permitting, we practice outside in my garden where we can quite literally gather energy from the sunshine, fresh air, all my trees and flowers, the flowing water around my blue jar fountain and the earth.
For more information about group or private instruction in qi gong to increase your own vitality, call 678-612-8816 or email email@example.com.