You can get rid of your knee pain or dramatically reduce the aches you feel in 60 seconds with one of the best exercises ever invented for knee problems.
What you need:
- A yoga block. If you don’t have a yoga block, use a large hardback book such as a dictionary.
- A yoga strap. I prefer the kind with a plastic buckle because you can create a firm grip.
Here’s something important to think about.
Anytime you have pain anywhere in your body the first step in getting rid of that pain with exercise is to create length and space.
What do I mean by this?
Often when we experience pain, your muscles have contracted, the bones have compacted and energetically your acupuncture meridians have become blocked.
When you create length and space, you bring your muscles, bones and connective tissue back into alignment, you release compression and you allow your energy to flow easily once again.
That’s part of what’s happening with this fabulous exercise – but not all, but let me now teach you how to do this.
- Get down onto the floor on a rolled out yoga mat.
- Put a yoga block between your knees. This helps bring your knees into proper alignment. As I have discussed in previous articles about healing your knees without surgery, your feet control your hips, your hips control your knees. You have to place your feet, hips and knees into alignment to get rid of your knee pain.
- Put a yoga strap around your gastrocnemius. You have two calf muscles – your soleus, which is the long skinnier muscle, and the gastrocnemius, which is the rounder muscle at the top of your calf just behind your knee.
- Make sure your knee caps are straight up to the ceiling.
- Make sure your feet are straight up.
- Now, as hard as you can, isometrically push out against the belt to the right and to the left. This is horizontal action. Push out against the belt so hard that you feel the muscles on the outside of your legs activated all the way up to your hips. Push for 60 seconds and continue to breathe.
- Now remove the belt and the block and get up and walk around. Feel the difference!
In addition to creating length and space around the knee joint, this exercise also strengthens the muscles that support the knee.
There are many causes of knee pain, but if you have hurt your knee in any way you will need to strengthen the muscles supporting your knee joint in order to heal completely.
If you need help getting rid of your knee pain naturally, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-612-8816 to set up an appointment.
It’s important to understand that if you have hurt your knee, the problem may originate in another part of your body, most especially your feet and/or your hips and you will benefit from professional help bringing everything into balance and alignment.
I’ll teach you how to do this and many other exercises and explain how natural inflammatory nutrition can make you feel much better today.