About a month ago I injured my right knee and left hip in the gym. My right knee swelled up so badly I lost half my usual range of motion. The next morning I woke up and could hardly bend it.
I had been making the mistake of wearing slip-on sneakers which caused my feet to wobble slightly, resulting in my left hip torquing and my right knee to come out of alignment especially when I was walking on the treadmill.
I know, I know – my mistake! I’m nearly 61, have worked out for over 30 years, and I’m still learning!
No slip-on sneakers in the gym – only lace-ups!
I’m always explaining to my yoga students that your feet control your hips, your hips control your knees and your legs extend the spine. There I was, a walking example of what happens when your feet go out of alignment!
The fact that I will be turning 61 years old this month started weighing heavily on my mind. I noticed I was going into my story.
“What if I’m too old to work out in the gym?” I worried to myself.
I know for a fact that this is ridiculous but my mind started to go there.
I teach yoga an average of five times a week and qi gong once a week.
Keeping my body healthy, my joints in good alignment and my form in thoughtful consideration are utmost on my mind whenever I exercise.
I immediately started taking Biodetox, the hypoallergenic, anti-inflammatory protein shake, but given the severity of my injury needed more ammunition.
Determined not to get discouraged, I asked my fabulous chiropractor, Dr. Diane Dicker (email@example.com, former Valedictorian of her class at Life University) for advice and she told me about this recipe a patient of hers swore by to reduce inflammation.
What’s so great about this recipe?
- Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, is a natural anti-inflammatory scientifically proven to match the effectiveness of many drugs.
- Although curcumin is pretty powerful, it is rapidly metabolized by the liver and intestinal walls. Black pepper increases the absorption of curcumin by about 2000 percent
- Curcumin supports Phase II detoxification, making a potent anti-cancer natural healing remedy.
- Curcumin lowers blood fat levels after a meal.
- Curcumin may alleviate inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis and reduce arthritis and pancreatitis.
- Curcumin is a potent antioxidant.
- Curcumin may reduce uveitis, inflammation of the eyes that causes redness, pain and blurred vision.
- Curcumin and piperine, the active ingredient in black pepper, may protect your brain against Alzheimer’s disease and protect your brain as you age.
- Turmeric has a wide range of health benefits, It aids in the management of oxidative and inflammatory conditions, metabolic syndrome, arthritis, anxiety, and hyperlipidemia.
- You could find a long list of diseases that scientific research proves are addressed by taking curcumin regularly in doses up to 12 grams per day.
- Black pepper may improve digestion and promote intestinal health by stimulating the production of hydrochloric acid.
- Like curcumin, piperine, the active ingredient in black pepper, has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Yes, the Manuka honey in this recipe helps the turmeric and pepper go down but it is also antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory.
- Manuka honey is derived from bees that fed on the Manuka plant in New Zealand. The higher the UMF (Unique Manuka Factor), the higher the purity and quality.
- Although you can use regular honey in this recipe, Manuka honey is especially antibacterial and has extraordinary, naturally present, very stable property not found in any other variety of honey.
Dr. Dicker’s patient who gave her the recipe didn’t include proportions and recommended making large batches and freezing little balls on wax paper.
I worked this combination out through trial and error in my own kitchen and decided it was easiest to mix the ingredients and drink as a tea with my meals.
By the way, if you are concerned whether any medications you are taking may interfere with turmeric, you can search this database to make sure you are safe.
Do you need to learn more about how to get out of pain naturally?
Read The Difference Between Pain and Suffering and take advantage of the appendix with the 41 yoga exercises I use most often to get clients out of pain naturally without drugs. Discover what you can do on the physical, energetic, emotional, mental and spiritual levels for drug-free pain relief.
To set up an appointment or consultation to learn what you can do to get out of pain naturally, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-612-8816. If you are outside the U.S., please use WhatsApp.
Natural Healing Remedy for Pain Relief
- 1 teaspoon Organic Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Manuka honey
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces hot water
- Measure the turmeric and pepper and mix the powders in a cup.
- Add a generous teaspoon of honey and blend with the powders.
- Pour in at least 2 ounces of water and stir until the honey is melted.