Recipe by Charlenne Carl
Get PDF for Recipe
Raw Vegetable Mix:
- 1 bunch of Kale –diced/chopped. (For best results, use a mix of Lacinato
- kale & regular curly edge kale)
- ¼ red bell pepper chopped and/or yellow, orange, or purple peppers…but
- NO green peppers
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped or grated carrots
- 4 tablespoons of organic olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon Juice
- 1 dash of sea salt
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
Mix all vegetable ingredients together and pour in blended seasoned oil and toss.
Let marinate for 2 hours – longer if you desire more saturated flavor. These vegetables do NOT wilt, so you can store this dish in refrigerator for a day or two.
This is a beautiful dish perfect for festive holiday meals. Kale is considered to be one of the most highly nutritious vegetables, with powerful antioxidant properties and is anti-inflammatory. Kale is a leafy green vegetable that belongs to the Brassica family, a group of vegetables including cabbage, collards and Brussels sprouts that have gained recent widespread attention due to their health promoting, sulfur-containing phytonutrients. Kale is very high in beta carotene, vitamin C, lutein and zeaxanthin and reasonably rich in calcium.