Recipe by Nina Lynn
Get PDF for Recipe
- 1 pound ground lean buffalo
- 1/4 cup millet bread crumbs
- 3 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 organic egg white beaten
- 3 tbs. chopped kalamata or black olives
- 2 cloves organic garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- assorted vegetables of your choice cut into 2 in. squares
Combine meat with cheese, cilantro, egg white, olives and spices. Mix well and shape into balls. Alternate meatballs and vegetables on skewers and grill for 5 minutes on a side. Combined with a green salad, this dish gives you a meal without starchy carbohydrates.
Buffalo meat is a lean alternative to beef and contains the amino acid methionine which helps regulate blood sugar as well as many other metabolic processes.