This recipe was generously shared with me by Andy Clark, chef at the Prama Institute, a yoga retreat center near Asheville, North Carolina.
Although I don’t eat dessert that often, I made the exception for this amazing gluten-free, vegan chocolate cake.
The photo simply doesn’t do it justice! This cake is very moist and sweet enough but not too sweet. Safe for those avoiding gluten, eggs and cows milk. Even those without food sensitivities will be sure to be pleased.
Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Mix together almond milk, apple cider vinegar, applesauce, coconut oil and vanilla extract. 2. Then add remaining ingredients. 3. Grease a Bundt cake pan with coconut oil. 4. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.