Just because you are gluten free doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy pasta.
You can find a wide variety of gluten-free pasta on the market: rice, amaranth, quinoa, corn and mixed wheat-free grains.
This recipe calls for amaranth pasta.
Amaranth is a high protein grain that contains more fiber than wheat and higher levels of calcium, iron and phosphorous than spinach.
However, you can use any form of gluten-free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta with Vegetables
- 8 ounces amaranth pasta
- 4 cups organic vegetables chopped into bite-sized pieces, such as broccoli, snow peas, red pepper, zucchini, summer squash, onion, carrot, peas
- 1 organic onion
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic minced
- Braggs liquid aminos to taste
- grated ginger to taste
- 1 package tempeh (optional)
- Chop the vegetables and steam in a wok, or heavy skillet.
- Cut the tempeh into chunks, and cook with the vegetables, adding seasoning and more water if necessary. Let steam for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package.
- Sprinkle with Braggs liquid amino and grated ginger to taste.