Recipe by James Williams
Get PDF for Recipe
- 1-2 slices gluten-free bread, butter (goat or cow), sliced Applegate farms turkey, chicken or beef from Whole Foods’ deli counter.
- Quinoa flakes cooked in either milk or water with chopped banana and a teaspoon of maple syrup or honey. Include a protein on the side such as organic turkey bacon.
- Applegate farms chicken sausage with salsa.
- Toast or untoasted lightly-buttered gluten-free bread cut horizontally in soldiers, dipped in 2-3 boiled eggs (boiled for 4 minutes to preserve the healthy fats).
- Gluten-free bread (toasted or untoasted) and nut butter – explore almond, cashew, hazelnut or peanut butters – organic and without sugar are best. Try a new taste!
- Small bowl of fruit salad (i.e. Chopped apple, pear, grapes and pineapple) and 2-4 ounces smoked salmon.
- Goat yogurt, fruit (i.e. Berries that have been defrosted and are not frozen) and a level teaspoon of honey (if needed).
- 2 brown rice cakes with nut butter and a piece of fruit.
- Omelette containing vegetables of your choice. i.e. chopped spinach, onion, peppers, tomato, mushrooms.
- Cottage cheese, mango and pineapple with a palm-sized portion of chopped (with knife or blender) walnuts. Or with unsweetened apple sauce.
- Scrambled eggs with onion and spinach, and / or mushrooms / and or green, yellow or orange peppers.
- Breakfast Burrito: Hard boiled egg slices, onion, avocado slices, chopped tomato wrapped in a corn tortilla.
- Turkey burger, topped with slices of hard boiled egg, one level teaspoon of organic tomato ketchup, with a cup of fruit salad.