Recipe by Nina Lynn
Get PDF for Recipe
- 8 cups organic baby spinach
- 1 cup organic raspberries
- 2 organic oranges, peeled, and sectioned
- 1 organic red bell pepper cut into 2 in. strips
- 1 medium organic carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup organic olive oil
- 1/4 cup organic white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. organic raw honey
- 1 tsp. each, organic parsley, tarragon, chive and basil, chopped
- 1 clove organic garlic minced
Whisk together oil, vinegar, herbs and garlic. In a large bowl combine spinach, bell pepper, carrots, and orange segments. Toss with dressing, then gently toss in the raspberries and sprinkle with sunflower seeds and serve.
The spinach contains as much calcium as dairy but has a higher rate of absorbency than calcium and is generally easier to digest than dairy. Spinach is also packed with beta carotene and lutein for the eyes, and the bell pepper adds vitamin C. Raspberries are also loaded with vitamin C and are are an excellent source of antioxidants. A tasty, healthy summer salad.