There is tremendous energy in our emotions.
People take about the energy of the sun, the velocity of an atomic blast or the ferocity of a hurricane.
None of these matches the energy of your emotions.
Emotions are actually energy in motion.
Think of the last time you felt angry.
How much energy did you have then?
Just look at the riots that have overtaken major metropolitan areas causing billions of dollars in damages.
If you don’t move the energy behind your emotions you can become tremendously stuck, a.k.a. depression.
Keeping a lid on all those feelings could require an equal or greater amount of energy, making you feel not only depressed but also exhausted to the point of chronic fatigue.
Having worked for years with clients who have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and adrenal burnout, I can attest to the fact that they do not recover until they resolve the emotions that have kept them so stuck.
How can you do this differently?
Put all that energy of your hurt feelings into motion:
- Go for a walk
- Write a letter – you could decide later whether you need to send it or burn it
- Write, paint, sculpt, draw, knit – transform all those feelings into art
- Go on a trip to get away from your typical routine and get some perspective on yourself
- Start a social media campaign
- Take your complaints to something who can actually do something about them
- Even if you can’t make your own life better, volunteer to make someone else’s life better – volunteer at a pet rescue, take soup to an ailing neighbor
Don’t just sit there stewing.
Channel your energy for your own or the greater good.
Next time you are feeling tired, ask yourself the following questions:
- What feelings have I been holding back inside me?
- Then get in touch with the energy of all those feelings. Discover where you have been holding all that energy back in your body. How could you move your body in such a way to release that energy?
In my qi gong class, we practice specific exercises designed to balance and release the energy that you have been holding back.
You are welcome to join us for class on Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m. Call me at 678-612-8816 for directions and more information.
In addition to performing specific qi gong exercises, it is also part of a regular qi gong practice to tune in to the stuck energy in your body and allow yourself to follow that chi to move in whatever ways will be most helpful for releasing it.
You could also tune in to your stuck emotions and allow yourself to dance in a free form fashion.
As you move your body you move into action.
As you move into action, you begin to release the pent-up energy of all those emotions that have been dragging you down.
What is healing?
Healing happens when you tune in to the emotions that have made you so exhausted and give yourself permission to release them.