If you have been practicing each of the home strength training exercises I’ve been teaching you, you would have done a new exercise every day for the past six days. Hopefully you are feeling stronger, healthier and more fit.
Today’s exercise is Side Lunge Variation.
Stand in the middle of a room with your feet together.
Lunge to your left side, bending your left knee and keeping your right leg straight.
Touch both hands to the ground, keeping your chest lifted and your back flat.
Push your left foot into the ground and spring back to your starting position, this time bringing both arms over your head.
By bring your arms overhead, you are increasing the oxygen flow and making this even more of an aerobic exercise.
Repeat side to side, at least 10 repetitions.
What I love about side lunge variations:
1. By adding the arms overhead when you pull yourself back to center, you are increasing your heart rate and making this a fun and easy aerobic exercise.
2. This is a great exercise for toning the legs and hips.
3. You improve your balance.
4. Because it burns lots of calories, this is a great exercise to include in a weight loss program.
5. Like full body squats, you are working on improving the range of motion in your hips.
6. This exercise improves the flexibility in your hips, ankles, knees and legs.
Questions? Comments? Need help developing an exercise routine to heal your body or lose weight? You can set up an appointment in person, over the phone or via Skype by emailing Catherine@totalfitness.net or calling 678-612-8816.