You can vastly increase your personal energy by practicing qi gong. Even a short break of 7 minutes with this easy relaxation can vastly improve your mental, emotional and physical well-being, making qi gong one of the simplest and easiest forms of natural healing.
I’m going to be teaching you 18 of my favorite qi gong exercises through a series of blog articles and videos that you can watch for FREE on my Youtube channel at this link.
All qi gong exercise involves 3 aspects:
Here’s how you perform Commencing Form, the first qi gong exercise. Watch the FREE video on Youtube at this link:
- Stand at ease with your feet a little more than shoulder width apart, your feet parallel. Spread your chest and relax your arms by your sides.
- Inhale and slowly lift your arms to shoulder level in front of you, keeping your wrists relaxed.
- Exhale and slowly squat down, pressing your palms down.
- Repeat, inhaling as you rise and exhaling as you squat.
- As you inhale, imagine that you are drawing your energy up from the center of the earth.
- As you exhale, relax completely.
- Focus on the sound of your breathing.
What’s so great about this exercise:
- With Commencing Form, you deepen your breathing.
- You activate the flow of internal energy in your body, awakening the central and governing acupuncture meridians – the primary yin and primary yang meridians of your body.
- Qi gong is one of the easiest forms of exercise. Even when you feel totally exhausted, you can easily move through the simple practices of qi gong to strengthen, stretch and activate your muscles.
- By shifting your focus to the sound of your breath, you relax your mind and begin to release stress and tension. Qi gong is a form of moving meditation.
- By balancing the yin and yang energies in your body, you get out of stuck energy. You may be stuck in exhaustion (yin imbalance, yang deficiency) or stuck in overdrive (yang imbalance, yin deficiency). Commencing form allows you to restore balance to your nervous system so that you feel calm, happy and alert.
- This is one of the most simple and effective aerobic exercises. Because your heart rate will more than likely not exceed 100 beats per minute, your body is able to distribute oxygen efficiently to all the cells in your body.
- By lowering the stress hormones that cause you to gain weight, qi gong is a surprisingly effective exercise for helping you lose weight.
You can join our qi gong class every Wednesday in Atlanta 4:30 to 5:30. As weather permits, we practice outside in my garden to facilitate the flow of qi, gathering energy from my flowers, trees, the fresh air and sunshine and fountain, balancing all five elements in your acupuncture system.
For more information, please call 678-612-8816 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.