Recipe by Nina Lynn
Get PDF for Recipe
- 8 organic chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh organic orange juice
- 1 cup fresh organic lemon juice
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs. fresh organic ginger, minced
- 2 tbs. fresh organic garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. red chile pepper flakes
- 3 tbs. extra virgin organic olive oil
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
Combine all ingredients except chicken, stock and olive oil, in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for several minutes, allow to cool and stir in olive oil. Marinate the chicken breasts in this mixture for several hours. Remove the chicken breasts from marinade and broil for about 7 min. on each side. To make the sauce, place marinade and stock in a saucepan and boil vigorously until sauce is reduced by half. To serve, slice the chicken, arrange on plates and spoon the sauce over.
Organic free range chicken is a healthy source of protein. Chicken is a very good source of the cancer-protective B vitamin, niacin. It is also is also a good source of the trace mineral, selenium.
The juices provide antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Ginger has a long tradition of being very effective in alleviating symptoms of gastrointestinal distress. Garlic helps the body lower both cholesterol and high blood pressure. Olive oil is highly protective against heart disease.