One of the easiest ways to accomplish these resolutions is to choose a high phytochemical diet.
What are phytochemicals?
Simply put, phytochemicals are chemical compounds found in plants.
Because they are found primarily in the peels, seeds and fiber of fruits and vegetables, you will want to eat 5 to 9 servings (a serving is generally 1/2 cup cooked, 1 cup raw) every day.
The more food scientists study these amazing nutrients, the more we know about how phytochemicals improve your antioxidant status, balance your hormones, increase enzyme activity in your body, prevent and heal cancer, fight bad bacteria, reduce infections and improve your overall health.
When you give your body the nutrients it actually needs, you’ll discover your food cravings evaporating, the pounds shedding, your skin glowing, your energy skyrocketing.
You may even need fewer medications as you lower your blood pressure, feel happier and suffer fewer illnesses overall.
Here are 31 amazing phytochemicals to include in your diet in 2017.
The more of these you manage to include in your eating plan, the thinner, healthier, more energetic and even happier you will be:
- Alpha glucans, found in Shitake mushrooms: Boost your immune system and fight cancer.
- Allicin, found in garlic: Kills viruses and bad bacteria.
- Anthocyanins, found in blue and purple fruits and vegetables such as blueberries and purple sweet potatoes: One of nature’s most powerful water-soluble antioxidants.
- Beta carotene, found in highest concentrations in goji berries: Improves our eye and lung function and protects us from UV radiation.
- Beta glucan, found in mushrooms: Lowers cholesterol.
- Betain, found in beets: Lowers homocysteine levels and heals the heart.
- Catechins, found in green and white tea: Natural blood thinners.
- Charantin, found in bitter melon: Acts similar to insulin and keeps blood sugar balanced.
- Chlorogenic acid, found in eggplant and green coffee beans: Improves fat metabolism.
- Curcumin, found in turmeric: Keeps inflammation under control and lowers pain naturally.
- D-Glucarate, found in grapefruit: Boosts your immune system and reverses cancer.
- D-Mannose, found in cranberries: Clears urinary tract infections.
- Ellagic acid, found in raspberries and strawberries: Causes cancer cells to die.
- Ergothionine, found in Shitake and oyster mushrooms: Boosts energy by improving Phase II detoxification in your liver.
- Ganoderic acid, found in Reishi mushrooms: Improves blood pressure, circulation and cholesterol.
- Gingerol, found in ginger: Relieves pain and inflammation naturally.
- Glucoraphanin, found in broccoli: Boosts your energy by supporting your Phase II detoxification in your liver.
- Glutathione, found in highest concentration in asparagus: Boosts your energy by supporting Phase II detoxification in your liver.
- Hydroxychalcone, found in cinnamon:. Iimproves insulin handling.
- Indole-3-Carbinol, found in cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower: Improves estrogen metabolism and heals cancer.
- Limonin, found in limes and the pith of all citrus fruits: A highly aggressive cancer fighter.
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin, found in dark green and leafy vegetables such as spinach and kale: Supports the retina of your eyes.
- Lycopene, found in watermelon and tomatoes: Supports the prostate and kidneys.
- Natto, found in chard: The highest source of vitamin K1, helpful for anemia and blood thinning.
- Orientin and vicenin, found in basil: Natural antioxidants.
- Pectin, found in apples: Scrubs your arteries and improves bowel function.
- Perillyl alcohol, found in mint: Stops tumor growth.
- Phthalide, found in celery: Lowers blood pressure naturally.
- Quercetin, found in capers: Heals skin issues.
- Resveratrol, found in Muscadine grapes: Reduces inflammation.
- Syringic acid, found in Swiss chard: Improves blood sugar handling.
Source: Unlimited Energy Now by Catherine Carrigan. My recent Amazon No. 1 bestseller details how you can build your energy on all five levels – physical, energetic, emotional, mental and spiritual.
Include these 31 phytochemicals in your diet and never be sick, fat or fatigued ever again.
Once you understand how powerfully phytochemicals can change your health, how can you include more in your diet?
- Start your day with fresh organic juices and smoothies. Health nuts argue over which is the most affective blender and juicer for your health. Having owned a Jack Lalanne Juicer, a Breville juicer, a Vitamix and a Blendtec, I can attest that the best appliance for this purpose is a Blendtec because its powerful motor can process more fiber.
- Include fruits and vegetables at every meal.
- Purchase a vegetable steamer and steam your veggies for dinner.
- Stop counting calories and start counting how many servings of fruits and vegetables you get every day.
- Raise your own vegetables. If you are lucky enough to own a garden,this is easy enough but even apartment dwellers can take advantage of pots on their porch or even hydroponic growing systems in their kitchen.
If you would like to learn more about how to improve your health, lose weight or eat better in 2017, set up an appointment today by calling 678-612-8816 or emailing email@example.com. I’m a certified Food Healing Level II Facilitiator and I’ll show you how!